How to Fix Your Hacked Hotmail Account?
A Step by Step Guide to Fix Hacked Hotmail Accounts
Hotmail is one of the oldest web mailing service providers that allow their users to enjoy a free platform where they can enjoy the services of free web mailing services and send and receive emails with the help of an internet connection. It not only allows the transactions of emails but also allows you to organize and maintain a profile so that you can enjoy its other services like calendar and backing up contacts as well.
Hotmail is a part of the Microsoft group and is now commonly known as Outlook. If you are a regular user of Hotmail and you use its account for either your professional or personal life and one fine day you see that you are facing a problem of Hotmail account hacked sending spam and you wish to gain access to your account again. For that matter, go through the points listed below to get a better understanding of the same;
Fix Your Hacked Hotmail Account
You can fix your hacked Hotmail account with the help of following the points listed below in a hassle-free manner;
If you still have access to your account- If you still have access to your account and you notice that many spam messages have been sent from your Hotmail account, then follow through;
- With the help of the browser you generally use, go to the log-in page of Hotmail.
- Enter your username and password for your account and click on log in.
- Once you get into your account, go to the settings section of your account.
- Locate and click on the option of ‘Privacy and Security.’
- You’ll find the option to change your password after that.
- Change your password and make sure that you do not use a previously used password.
- Use a good combination of letters by mixing up Uppercase, Lowercase, and Special characters.
- Once you enter the password, click on the option to ‘Log me out from all the devices.’
- This will create a new password and log you out and block you out from all the other devices,
- Now for additional settings, select the option to get notified whenever someone tries to access your account from any location.
If you lost access to your account- If you lost access to your account and you want to fix your hacked account, then follow through;
- Visit the official support page of Microsoft.
- Scroll through the options and select and click on the Hotmail account option.
- Now, write down the query you have and mention all the details in the section box.
- It will then showcase the ways through which you can get in touch with a support representative.
- Choose the method you find most suitable, and then you can contact the representative.
- The representative will then help you to gain access to your back quickly.
Alternative Method- You can also gain access to your account with the help of the alternative methods you have added to your account;
- Visit the official login page of Hotmail.
- Click on the option of ‘Forgot my Password.’
- Now enter the username affiliated to your Hotmail account and proceed.
- It will then send an OTP to the alternative method you’ve added to your account.
- Write down the exact code on your account recovery page of Hotmail.
- With the help of inputting the code, you can change the account password and gain access.
Thus, by going through the points listed above, one can quickly gain access to their Hotmail account in a hassle-free and timely manner and continue using the services provided by Hotmail.