How to Block Sender on Hotmail
Easy Steps to Block a Sender on Hotmail
If you are getting unwanted mails and you are irritated about it then you would want to block such senders and protect your Hotmail from such mails. In Hotmail you have the option to do so. If you find that such senders are sending unwanted or spam mails then you can block those senders. For this you can follow below steps:
- First Sign in to your Hotmail account.
- Click settings at the top right corner.
- Click Options which is located under the setting button on the page.
- Then select More Options.
- Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.
- Click Blocked senders.
- Here you need to enter the email address on the box labeled Blocked email address or domain: and click Add to list >>.
Please make sure that the emails that you have blocked are not included on your Safe sender's list or Contacts lists so that the rules and blocked senders will work properly.
Hotmail Account Login
You can login to your Hotmail account by first opening Hotmail and then entering your account User name and password.
Open Settings Menu
You can click settings menu which is at the upper right corner of your Hotmail account window once you have logged in.
Enter into Blocked Senders
To block senders list from which you are getting unwanted emails after opening settings menu you can choose Options and then more options. Then under preventing jink email you need to click Safe and blocked senders. Then you need to click Blocked senders.
Select and Block Sender
Once you have entered blocked senders you select sender email id which you want to block.
Report Spam to Move in Junk
When you are looking spams and you want to report it to move into junk then follow below steps;
- First you need to click on the junk message and then you need to click Junk on the toolbar there. This moves the message to your Junk email folder and sender is added to your blocked sender list.
- A dialog box opens which asks you if you want to send a copy of the junk email message to Microsoft for analysis. Here you can click report to send the message to the Microsoft Spam Analysis Team. Optionally, you can select the Don’t show me this message again check box if you want to automatically submit future junk messages to Microsoft without being prompted.
Hotmail Technical Support Number
Hotmail is a Microsoft product. If you are facing any issue with Hotmail then you can get help on website, via email, live chat also. If none solves your problem you can dial Hotmail Technical Support Phone Number.